Monday, July 03, 2006

Am I Free?

FREEDOM!
Something for which people gave up their lives for.
Something about which people never question .

The religion of the 21st century.

Spirituality was the focal point of the intellectual evolution that humanity went throught..right from the dark ages to renaissance and beyond..twisting, turning and metamorphing into what it is today.
Individuality is the new point now. Freedom , Space , Rights .
Do we really have any idea about what these are?
The baby wants freedom from the womb , the child wants feedom from its parents , the parent wants freedom from his job , the employer wants freedom from regulations ,the government wants freedom from opinions.
We all want it but we never seem to have enough of it.
We want choice but when faced with it we are unsteady under the burden of choices .
We want freedom to act but are unsure of where to go once the map is taken from our hands.

I dont know....
I look around , I look at me and I cant help get this cynical idea.. are we really free?
Is there really something called freedom or is it only an idea?
Can I really be free when everything I think and all my ideas have been shaped by the circumstances , people and media around me.
Is it possible for me to have a truly original idea when everything I say and everyting I do can only be a variation of what somebody else has once said or done.
do I sound negative?
I do not mean to be. cause I see nothing bad in that .
but what troubles me is that if thats true then whats freedom? my mind has already been chained . right from the time i was born.
By the stereotypes in my head , by the ideas of a percieved right or wrong planted by a socially right society.
By being a rebel am I going to be free?
But a rebel is only one of the other stereotypes . The one which resloves to act against the society or any socially accpeted rule. But sadly he too is chained , he has unknowingly stated that he recognises the society and that rule as an entity which is why he has to go against it.
He is more in chains than others cause he has lost all freedom. he has to act against every rule .everything . without the freedom to think why and what for?

Or is it that I am indeed free but I only lack the courage to face my freedom in the eye and tame it, much like how a trainer tames a wild beast. I dont know?
There are so many things that i dont know.
and my mind compulsively thinks about it. will my mind ever have the freedom to let go?

am i free?

7 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very much true, the way you expressed it is awesum, gud piece of work mahn.
Ther are some things which you know at the back of your mind but you never ponder over it much,this article says something like tht... simple language but pretty intriguing
Pretty gud one mahn ;-)
Ajay mahn keep on rolling :-))

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Ammu said...

It is a poignant question in this day and age... Living a free life like mine can be a lonely business. Its not always the best thing to do, I hope I dont regret it after a couple of years.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger MK said...

I really liked the idea expressed in the article that we all are free to do what we want; its how much courage we have to accept it and use it in the direction each one of us wants.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home