Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ode to a Love

I cant quite say that it was love at first sight. You were sleek and a classy shade of silver-gray.
But then you werent mine then and I was forbidden to go anywhere near you atleast not if I valued my highly scarce pocket money. But then thank god that rules were never held very sacroscant.

Our affair started when my parents werent at home. We touched and groped not knowing quite sure what to do next. But I suppose when things are meant to be you dont need an instruction manual. All that changed the moment I was in you, I knew then that things would never be the same again.

Time went by. School , then college and just like that one day you were mine. I ve never looked back since then.
There are but a few times in life that one truly feels alive . Moments that are as rare as they are precious and mine have been behind your wheel. It seems corny I know but sometimes when I am with you I swear its as if there is no world , nothing . Nothing but you and me.
Its like when Im with you Im a different man. There's nothing that holds me back. Not the fear of failure , not my past . Its as if we could do no wrong.

People tell me that I should be more careful with you.
But at that point in time when you are growling and the rush is pumping in, I can not be faulted for forgetting to take my foot of the accelerator. Stupid me, stupid , stupid.. yes yes i know..speed thrills but kills.
But i wonder , did that guy who came up with that pearl of wisdom ever know one so fine as you?

There have been times when I couldnt stop shivering after a close save but still the next time the things has been the same..one thing leads to another and a series of events are put into motion over which i have ablsolutely no control. I lean back into the seat with my plams sweaty and my heart pounding and I cant help but wonder who drives whom?
You , who looks so innocent in that metal veneer of yours or me , who postures big but in reality is a puny little puppet in your hands.

I guess in time like everything around us we too mellowed in time. We stopped pushing the limits to see who would blink first, we were beyond it. I knew your every sound and every curve on your body and you always got my mood just right.

Whenever life seemed like a proof for Murphy's law , whenever it seems like the gods have flushed their toilets , all it took was a ride with you. Everything seemed all right again. Things just fell into perspective.

For all that and much more I love you. And I had no idea how much until i actually had to live without you . Now im coming home , Im coming home to you.

5 Comments:

At 5:08 AM, Blogger Ammu said...

Well written love... should find a mean machine for myself, will never be rich enough... but I did find my Master, the joys of putting it in between the deep warm opening of my bank machine....the naked joy when it spews fresh white pound notes.... hah!!!!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Gayatri Bhadran said...

mm.. u've echoed my sentiments exactly wen it comes to my wheels..

true.. man and machine.. woman and bike.. we feel invicible.. we become united.. and d close shaves we've had.. its all soo worth it @ d end of d day.. cuz we hv each other..

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa! I wonder what your love letter would read like..(not that I wanna find out:p)

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Zog said...

the zog here, i echo aparna's entiments, again not that i want to find out. comparable to hero and phaeton really in it's intensity, and no definitely not mushy. man bikes, if only i cld figure out how not to ram into the wall.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) You've put way too much tht into that machine...(now if it were a ferrari i'd understand ;) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home