Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Windows Of Reality

I am a movie buff..I love everything about it..The unrealsitic fantasies, the beautiful people,the dreams ,everything..
Any time that I can spare , this is what I invest it in.
Why?

Hell, some times I come out of watching some stuff that makes me wonder what on earth made me lose 2 hours of my life? In fact that happens more times than I care to recount.

Anyways I guess the reason why I have spent so much of my life invested in an apparent futile pursuit is because sometimes , oh so rarely, you come across a movie that rocks your world.
It ceases to be a mere movie then. It morphes into smething much higher.A celebration of being alive.

In this life that we live, days become months and months become years. Life goes by without we not really noticing it. One day is the much the same as the other. Like a soap opera, if you miss one day , chances are you havent missed much. This monotony grates at us , taking something from us everyday. Our resources of hope and enthusiasm decreases slowly day by day. Making us cynical about everything around us. We lose faith in the goodness , in the greatness of being human, of being alive.
Yet this is not what we want.

All of us have an innate urge to grow..To feel, to see , to know..To experience.

This life is far too short for us to be all that we want to be and experience all that we want to. We can not live every life in our own.

Yet sometimes I get to open a window.A window that opens into another world where eveythings different. For those 2 hours I can be whoever I want to be , to do what i couldnt do , to feel what i wouldnt have felt otherwise.
A geeky scrawny chap can see the world through the eyes of a Rambo. A desperate man sees hope as Rocky. A shy tongue tied adoloscent becomes a James Bond.
we do not just see the world through another pair of eyes,we become another person, we live a life very different from our seemingy dreary existence. We feel love, lust, jealousy, happiness, desperation.....hope. All that god has meant us to feel.

When the 2 hours of alternate reality ends we all come back to life and go through the motions again. But that 2 hours were enough. Like camels we take our fill when we can cause we dont know when the next oasis will come along. We fill up our reserves ready to take on life once more.

6 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being a movie buff myself, I can relate to what you've written. Movies like Matrix and LOTR transport you to another universe altogether..

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice write up......
keep it up
doing great...
bye

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i liked it:)

 
At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good one Ajay, though I believe tht movies in a good sense can be aspirational rather than seeing them as mere alternate reality.....

Still ppl tend to emotionally masturbate over tht "alternate reality" through the character's world ;)

 
At 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I sure can relate to that. I guess that's why action movies always seem to do so well in the theaters despite their nonexistent storylines. The mind blowing action and special effects evoke such emotions that life seems to be a thrill ride even if it is for a short period of time. And then you come back to the theaters to experience that high one more time...

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home