Thursday, August 17, 2006

Phoenix -(Edited)

From the blood that flowed rose the son.
He who was better than the last.

You , who came from within me
fight for me and conquer my fears
fight the world and fight well
Raise me to the heights i dream
Let me feel the flowers that the gods throw down on me
Ahh! I smell a smell so sweet , the smell of success

Never be the man that I was
I was a mere human , weak and soft
You are the one , the god
My hope and the best I have to offer

I bequeath you my mistakes, my legacy
Slump not your shoulders , O Atlas of mine
You are not my past but my future
And for the morrow the world wont be enough

and when tommorrow comes
if ever you decide to come to my grave
spit on my head stone and walk away
but let it be with the world at your feet..

6 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Zog said...

your poetry is getting better. interesting usage of imagery, a bit on the high side but interesting nevertheless. i dont think ur into mythology but what the heck no harm asking are u? did u mean anything by the use of atlas other than world-bearer?

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

see the thing wit poetry is tht its self explainatory...its stands good without the preamble too....n an apt title too..rashmi

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Gayatri Bhadran said...

all hail d next william wordsworth.. :p

aiight.. so most of dat went over my head.. im pretty dense wen it comes to poetry..

good stuff.. :p *whistles and claps*

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buddy...Your poems are a bit too much for me..Get back to prose:)

 
At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey....i dint know you write poetry..cool..gud work!!!..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home